Be Inspired... Life isn't perfect, but your hair can be.
visit us at Judith B Salon & Advanced Academy in Elmhurst, IL (City Centre)
Judith B packs a lot of education, talent, services and more in a small boutique space. Professionals interested in an education-based salon, Illinois CE certified academy and creative working space is welcome to send their resumes to salon@JudithB.net
We are always interested in meeting people interested in enhancing are already amazing team.
Cosmetology Student Internship
Judith B Salon & Advanced Academy is forming solid working relationships with Chicaoland’s top rated beauty schools by implementing a comprehensive Student Internship Program that offers real world work experiences to aspiring salon professionals during their academic school year.
- Maintain 80% attendance level at school
- Pass all required courses
- Permission of an instructor from the student’s school
- Submit a resume & pass an interview
- Our program is divided into 12 week sessions. Interns accepted into our program must have a commitment to providing at least 180 hours of time. This includes an education day based on our 12 week program.
- During salon business hours, interns are required to answer phones and make appointments, run errands, take care of other housekeeping & business-related duties associated with running a salon. Other responsibilities include washing hair and blow-drying (blow-outs).
Benefits of the Program for Interns
- Invaluable work experience by working one-on-one personally with students. Our staff members are licensed and experienced beauty professionals.
- Opportunity to be paired up with talent within the area of interest that the Intern is interested in.
- Participate in all continuing education classes offered at the salon for the duration of the internship.
- Invitation to all events held in our space and team building exercises.
- Flexibility with schedules to accommodate your school day. We do have a preference to a set schedule, but will work with you if needed.
Benefits of the Program to Partner Schools
- Creates an opportunity for beauty schools by building a strong partnership with an established Illinois CE certified salon & Advanced Academy committed to advancing the highest standards of service in the industry.
- Frequent interaction and feedback from us will assist schools by developing further insight into current industry trends, techniques, equipment and products through the reports and evaluations done on the students from your school.
- By participating in our program your students will receive an intensive and rigorous on the job experience that will only enhance what they learn at school.
Judith B Salon & Advanced Academy has a comprehensive apprenticeship program divided into specialties with an opportunities for to build your clientele while studying, expand your professional portfolio, learn to create collections and learn a solid foundation and approach to hair.
Due to our commitment to cultivating excellence our program and the limited space available it is highly competitive.
The Judith B Apprenticeship Artist Training Program is broken up into five phases:
Phase I- Styling, Keratin and Extensions Training Program
Phase II- Men’s Cutting
Phase III- Women’s Cutting
Phase IV- Coloring
Phase V- Texture
Each of the phases have concentrations in Marketing, Product Knowledge, Consultations, Hair Theory, Tools & Equipment, Foundation and Creative Techniques, Bookwork, Portfolio Building and a Collections Soiree dedicated to the specialties being learned. Each apprentice is trained in a structured and comprehensive program before becoming certified and taking clients in their specialty.
This is a rigorous advanced education programs. Judith B is dedicated to providing precision haircutting, custom color, smooth straightening, creative perming, creative special event styling and prescription hair treatments to every client using up to date, advanced and innovative techniques to achieve classic through contemporary styles to enhance each individual person alongside their lifestyle.
Judith B’s Advanced Academy is a certified CE (Continuing Education) Salon by the state of Illinois. Staff receives education from educators that teach in-house or out from well-respected companies and the educators within the beauty industry are known for high-end advanced training. Every new collection, technique, style and product is taught to all members of the team. Staff is encouraged to take outside classes to inspire and further their experience and education.
Benefits of the program for Apprentices
we’re not done yet, more coming soon…
Judith B services clients from all over Chicago and the Chicagoland area:
Elmhurst, Oakbrook, Hinsdale, Clarendon Hills, Burr Ridge, Western Springs, Bensenville, Lombard, Addison, Elmwood Park, Oak Park, River Forest, Glendale heights, Glen Ellyn, LaGrange, Downers Grove, Naperville, Wheaton, Bloomingdale, Itasca, Roselle, Schaumburg, Arlington Heights, Glenview,