The new year always brings out great beginnings. What we all hope is that it lasts more than 3 months; sometimes even 3 weeks!
This year I’ve decided to pay attention to my “bucket list.” There’s a lot of things on that list, but not limited to:
- continue house remodeling project- start with baseboards, window/doors casing and knocking out the walls that separate the dining, kitchen and living rooms
- learn to play guitar and piano and get Delilah to do the same
- thorough cleaning of the house/ spring cleaning
- get into sewing again
- learn to make soap (I don’t know why I want to make bath products)
- plan trips out of the country
- learn about wine, sommelier?
- gain more knowledge politically (especially locally)
- broaden your intellectual horizon
- take some photography glasses
- maybe start on that Graphics Arts degree or somethin’
- write some children’s poetry
- publish said children’s poetry
- start drawing again so I can illustrate my children’s poetry book
- blog at least 2x/week and broaden the topics discussed
- volunteer (and not just during the “season”)
- organize my life
- read 50 books in 2012, I’m averaging about 24/year right now so it’s a stretch but I think I can do it. THIS DOE SNOT INCLUDE CHILDREN’S BOOKS which I read everyday, 10xs/day
- Finish watching Current TV’s list of 50 Documentaries to See Before You Die, I started at #50
- learn to type on HOME keys, for real
- Start juicing, I saw http://www.fatsickandnearlydead.com/ via Netflix
- make my health a priority, I’m trying out EAT RIGHT FOR YOUR TYPE, I’m AB+
I know the list is long. And that’s just what I can think of off the top of my head!
ANYWAY, back to the list- The latter two I already got a start on back in early December when I bought an appointment book (I’m good with paper) followed by a visit to my physician for my yearly physical in which I got a laundry list of yearly checkups to do: vision, Vitamin D, pap, cholesterol, blood sugar, etc. I also got some not so yearly tests to do: get a mole map, thyroid checkup and a fatty tumor that has since been removed and is healing nicely, thanks for asking.
I also want my passion for hair to continue,. Lucky for me there are so many avenues to get that inspiration/ motivation. I just discover http://www.hairbrained.tv/ which has some great videos posted by some amazing hairdressers and companies. I love the Indie Artists page- I just discovered some new greats! I’m really looking forward to seeing what will be posted in the future and what I can come up with because of them.
AND don’t think I forgot… I’m not worried about the Mayan Apocalypse, especially because Seth and I are getting married in 2013 and the end of the world is just gonna have to wait! Which is another thing I have to shortlist on my bucket list: WEDDING. Not so much of a bucket item as a TO DO item. Definitely not a resolution. Back to wedding, need to update our wedding website: http://www.weddingwire.com/judithandseth, followed by babies (stop asking people! they’re coming- 2013ish),
BTW, The above list is not in order of importance. NOTE TO SELF: PRIORITIZE
Happy 2012! XOXO,